The following criteria are necessary to be employed as a police officer with the Jennings Police Department.
01. Pass the entrance level Civil Service Test for the position of Police Officer.
02. Pass the physical agility test required by the Louisiana Police Officers Standard of Training Council for entry level for Police Officer.
03. Agree to and submit to a complete and in depth background investigation to include criminal, personal and work related information. (Sign the attached release of information authorization)
04. Personal interview by a panel of officers appointed by the Chief of Police.
05. Pass medical, physical examinations to include drug screen.
06. Submit and pass a psychological evaluation pertaining to fitness to do police related work.
07. Successfully complete a working test period as required by Civil Service Law.
08. Submit to personal interview with the Chief of Police.
09. Successfully complete P.O.S.T. approved Police Training Academy.
10. Submit DNA sample and fingerprint card pursuant to RS 40:2405.4