The Jennings Fire Department proudly protects the citizens of Jennings. We have two stations and respond to fire, extrication, and EMS calls throughout the city. The department utilizes both volunteer and career firefighters along with our junior firefighter program for young adults between the ages of 14-18 years old.
The mission of the Jennings Fire Department is to provide protection to our community through delivery of safety education, fire prevention, disaster management, firefighti1g, rescue and emergency medical services by providing a highly trained and well-equipped team of professional Firefighters, EMTs and First Responders.
The Jennings Fire Department will continue to enhance and expand our services to the community while maintaining a high level of professionalism and tradition.
- Louisiana State Firemen’s Association
- Louisiana State Fire Chiefs Association
- International Fire Chiefs Association
- National Fire Protection Association
- Louisiana Floodplain Management Association
- Southwest Louisiana Mutual Aid Association
- American Heart Association
- National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians
Requirements for Employment
- Be at least 18 years of age (Volunteer and Full-time positions)
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Pass a background check
- Submit to a personal interview with the Fire Chief