Ira Bertrand, Department Head
1247 N. State St.
P.O. Box 1249
Jennings, LA 70546
After Hours & Holidays: (337)821-5523
Business Hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm M-F
The Utility Department is responsible for maintaining all water and sewer distribution lines, connecting new customers to distribution lines, maintaining elevated water towers, operating and maintaining the water treatment and sewer treatment plants.
Items of interest:
- The Utility Dept. employs 21 full time employees
- Approximately 64 miles each of water and sewer lines
- Approximately 635 fire hydrants
- Approximately 4,400 water meters in use
- 15 sewer lift stations located throughout the city
- 32 water sample stations located throughout the city for collecting samples for bacteriological testing (minimum of 15 water sample stations tested monthly) (all testing is done under the direction of the Department of Health & Hospitals)
- Water source: Chicot Aquifer, by means of 3 water wells at approximately 500′ deep