Contact The City:

      154 N Main
      Jennings, La 70546
tel  337-821-5500(p)
fax  337-821-5527(f)
email  Email Us

Waste Collection

Click the can for more information

City Clerks Office

Barbara Lantz, City Clerk

154 N. Main St.
P.O. Box 1249
Jennings, LA 70546

Phone: (337)821-5500
Fax: (337)821-5527

The Finance Department is responsible for all accounting, payroll, purchasing, personnel, utility billing, revenue collection, occupational licenses, zoning applications, variance applications, safety, insurance and budgeting functions and also maintains all official records, including ordinances, resolutions and proceedings of city council meetings.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q.  How do I get placed on the City Council Agenda?
A. City Council Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. at 154 N. Main St.  To be placed on the City Council Agenda call City Hall at 337-821-5500.  Ask for the City Clerk and give a brief description of the purpose of your request.

Q.  How do I get copies of public records or ordinances, etc., which govern the City of Jennings?
A. You are required to put your request in writing at City Hall at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance and pay a nominal fee for copies and research if applicable.

Q.  How do I apply for employment with the City of Jennings?
A. All open full time positions, except Civil Service positions (Fire and Police) are advertised in the local newspaper and posted on our web site on our Employment page.  All applications are turned into City Hall, then turned over to the department that has the available position.  The head of that department handles the interviewing and hiring process.
Civil Service positions (Fire and Police) are filled from an eligibility list.  Applications to take the Civil Service exam can be picked up at the Jennings Fire or Police departments.

Q.  What requirements does the City of Jennings have relating to opening a business?
A. Applications for business licenses should be applied for at City Hall or by calling Fredda Buller at 337-821-5500.  She will explain the Zoning requirements, etc., which you need to be aware of and the process of obtaining a business license.